Bird’s Eats: Mostly Bowls

May 11, 2011

The past 3 weeks, I posted about my meals during our trip to Europe.

This week, for What I Ate Wednesday, I’m back to showing you some of the food I’ve eaten in the past week.

300px-Color_icon_red.svg

SUSHIbutton12-1

300px-Color_icon_red.svg

Lots of oatmeal the past week, topped with Love Grown Foods granola. Almond Raisin Crunch on the left, Simply Oats on the right with strawberries.

DSC01858 DSC01996

And green smoothies, also topped with LOVE.

DSC01942

We had a Mother’s Day brunch at my sister’s house on Sunday.

One sister made a vegetarian egg casserole, the other made blueberry pancakes!

DSC01984 DSC01994DSC01992

We also had a fresh fruit salad. A mix of strawberries, pineapple, and green grapes.

DSC01986 DSC01995

Salads continue. On the left: avocado salad with refried black beans and salsa. On the right: avocado, spinach, spring mix, cherry tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, and almonds.

DSC01186 DSC01203

Leftover quinoa from Cinco Bee Mayo with added broccoli and zucchini.

DSC02093

“Cheesy” (nutritional yeast) scrambled eggs with salsa and half an avocado. Fruit mix with fresh strawberries, bananas, and oranges.

DSC02067 DSC01824

And my favorite Apple Pie LÄRABAR, of course.

DSC01828 DSC01829

300px-Color_icon_blue.svg

Side note: Yesterday, I met some friends from lululemon at Tread Fitness.

DSC02098 DSC02099

We took a 1-hour, nonstop workout class with treadmill intervals, weight training, and ab work. I LOVED it.

DSC02100

Our instructor, Bethany, kept the flow of the class in the most perfect way so the hour literally flew by. I forgot how much fun it can be to really push your limits in speed work and hills on the treadmill. We felt amazing. Lots of endorphins flowing.

DSC02107

300px-Color_icon_blue.svg

Have you tried any new fitness classes lately?

What’s something you eat just about every single day?

Bananas, apples, avocados, raw almonds, and spinach.

Have you entered my giveaway yet for GU Energy Gels and a sample of Love Grown Foods granola? Click HERE. Winner announced Friday morning.

Have a great day!

Theresa @ActiveEggplant.com May 11, 2011 at 9:19 am

I eat greek yogurt w/ granola & berries every single morning for breakfast. Seriously, it’s been like 6 or 7 months now & I’m STILL not sick of it!

The only new class I’ve tried recently is Zumba & I’m not quite sure it’s for me. I’d love to try a class like Tread Fitness offers – it sounds like a good mix of things so you don’t get bored during a 60 min class!
Theresa @ActiveEggplant.com recently posted..Redemption

sarah (sarah learns) May 11, 2011 at 9:32 am

every day i eat a banana, an apple, usually carrots and spinach, and CHEESE! :)
sarah (sarah learns) recently posted..another day

cathy May 11, 2011 at 9:46 am

wow, what a fun class to try, dorry! i’ve never done a group fitness class where they use treadmills. so much fun to participate with friends, too!
love all the avacados you feature in your photos – yup, they are a daily must-have for me, too.
so glad you got to enjoy brunch with your family on the weekend…i bet it was absolutely delicious!

Holly @ The Runny Egg May 11, 2011 at 10:19 am

Every day: oatmeal, apple, banana, spinach or romaine, eggs!

I blogged about a new workout dvd I tried on Monday: Yoga Booty Ballet — it was odd and kind of lame, but still kind of fun!
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..Pizza Bread

Susan (Oliepants) May 11, 2011 at 10:20 am

Okay I have been eating the Love Grown Granola just like cereal lately. The pecan cranberry is AMAZING!! Can I say that your salads always looks delicious!!

amy@healthyhungryhappy.com May 11, 2011 at 10:26 am

I definitely eat bananas, yogurt, and some sort of smoothie everyday! I need to incorporate more veggies into my life!
amy@healthyhungryhappy.com recently posted..Yoga Breakdown

Heather (Where's the Beach) May 11, 2011 at 11:29 am

Those fruit salads look so good. I eat oatmeal pretty much every morning. I either have an apple or banana every day as well.
Heather (Where’s the Beach) recently posted..Sunny Patio Kind of Weekend

Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons May 11, 2011 at 11:35 am

Youre totally right – we’re mex quinoa twins! haha =) love the addition of cuke and broccoli!!!!! <3 Everything is so super drool worthy! as always =)

Happy WIAW love!

Christin@purplebirdblog May 11, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Oh man, I had to pop in to tell you that those pancakes look about as perfect as pancakes can be!! I’m eating lunch at work but those have me drooling and craving some for sure! I hope you’re having a great week, Bird-Lady! xo
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Baked Hummus Balls

lindsay May 11, 2011 at 1:29 pm

yOU’VE got me on a hard boiled egg kick! ever since you mentioned them before. haha.
And tread fitness sounds AWESOME! I love that workout. You are tough!
lindsay recently posted..Fresh Friday

Allie May 11, 2011 at 1:41 pm

That fruit salad combination looks so good and refreshing! I’d love to try fitness classes, but the ones at the Y are always SO crowded. Oatmeal and nut butters make their way into my life on most days :)
Allie recently posted..Weekend

Heather @ Dietitian on the Run May 11, 2011 at 3:41 pm

I would definitely go to a class like that! It’s pretty hard to make treadmills interesting, but that sounds fun :)

I went to a different instructor (former coworker/still a friend from lulu, ha) at Qi Ryder’s this a.m. and followed that up with Yoga. I was tiiiired, but in such a good way!

Everyday eats: oatmeal & pb, and mini larabars!
Heather @ Dietitian on the Run recently posted..Speeding with BBQ Basil Burgers

(what runs) Lori May 11, 2011 at 6:42 pm

It all looks so G O O D! Those bowls of smoothie wonderfulness are delicious looking, so vibrant and nourishing. And of course, topped with LOVE makes all the difference. ;)

I need all those salads above. Thanks!

Missy May 11, 2011 at 7:48 pm

My food in a bowl looks like …well, let’s not go there. Your food is so pretty! Like you!!
Missy recently posted..Buddha’s Birthday Bibimbap Lazy White Vegetarian Girl Style

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn May 11, 2011 at 9:01 pm

I quite literally eat EVERYTHING out of bowls!! Haha, I adore the pictures, they are making me hungry, I am going to go get a snack now!
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..Just in time for dessert!