Bird’s Birthday Dessert Buffet

September 27, 2011

My birthday is next Monday. I’m turning 30, so I’m going to choose 30 desserts to eat all day long. OK, not really. Instead, I will show you some recipes in the blog world that would be ideal for my birthday sweets and treats. (Photos below are originals from the bloggers’ website. Please click through links or photos for recipes.)

300px-Color_icon_pink.svg

Chocolate-Covered Katie’s Blueberry Pie Pancakes for breakfast…

blueberry-m_thumb

and her Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars

pumpkin-pie-bar_thumb_3

and her Raw Chocolate Fudge Cake

berryrasp1

Angela’s Almond Butter Rice Crisp Treats

IMG_7910

and a slice of Mama Pea’s Raw Vegan Cheesecake

4762481101_29e12e7e08

followed by Kristina’s Blackberry Cheesecake Ice Cream

DSC_7175

and finally Gabriela’s Peanut Butter Blossoms

IMG_7198

There are many more I could feature here, but this shows you that my sweet tooth is all over the place. Billy, get to work making all these recipes, OK??

300px-Color_icon_pink.svg

Which recipe above is the most enticing to you?

What’s your all-time favorite birthday dessert? (link to recipes if you’d like!)

I’ve never been a big cake person. Or cupcakes for that matter. I know. The shame. I do love cookies, bars, and some varieties of pie.

bird blue 2

cathy September 27, 2011 at 9:13 am

ooo, the birthday is almost here, dorry! that’s great that it’s on a monday – that means you have all weekend to celebrate, too!
i love a good birthday cake ICING! buttercream is hard to beat. i also love bars/squares or ice cream cake. not big on cheesecake or pie.
wouldn’t it be fun to have a blogger meet-up dessert potluck?!!
cathy recently posted..i’ve got a package for you

Kristina @ spabettie September 27, 2011 at 9:16 am

weee! I am drinking my Birthday Kombucha right now, enjoying an early morning with Jason and Basil. we are going to a special dinner End of Summer tonight that just HAPPENS to fall on my birthday, and I am so looking forward to the desserts…

in the meantime, I’ll take ANY of these.
Kristina @ spabettie recently posted..weekend at the Oregon coast

chocolate-covered katie September 27, 2011 at 9:16 am

Wow, Dory, I am SO honored that you thought to include some of my recipes on your list! I hope you have the awesomest birthday EVER!! Your blog is adorable… and oh my gosh so is your house!

Lots of chocolate hugs!!! :)

chocolate-covered katie September 27, 2011 at 9:17 am

(Sorry, I didn’t mean to misspell your name :(.)
chocolate-covered katie recently posted..Four-Minute Coconut Macaroons

dorrybird September 27, 2011 at 9:21 am

Oh, that would be SO much fun!! Can you imagine the variety of things people would bring?? From vegan to gluten-free, etc. There would be something for everyone. I bet you’d bring your famous chocolate chips cookies. :)

dorrybird September 27, 2011 at 9:23 am

Oh, I LOVE that a special dinner happens to fall on your birthday – how perfect! Don’t all of these desserts make your mouth water? When I was little, I’d order strawberry cheesecake ice cream at Baskin Robbins (our neighborhood shop – is it national?), and your recipe reminded me of it. Except, of course, I wouldn’t be sick after eating your vegan version. :)

dorrybird September 27, 2011 at 9:24 am

I love your recipes, Katie! It was difficult to narrow it down to just a few. I’m in Dallas, too, so maybe we’ll run into each other sometime. :)

Heather (Where's the Beach) September 27, 2011 at 9:42 am

MMM, now I’m hungry. I could go for the pumpkin bars and the rice crisp treats.
Heather (Where’s the Beach) recently posted..Spin, Chipotle Tempeh Chili & Home Projects

jobo September 27, 2011 at 10:08 am

Yay!! 30 was an AWESOME year for me…can’t believe I’ll be 32 in about a week! Eek! Those blueberry pancakes look DIVINE!!!!!!!
jobo recently posted..Wine country…the love affair continues.

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] September 27, 2011 at 11:13 am

30 – exciting! Hope it’s a delicious day nonetheless :)
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..monday advice.

Angela (Oh She Glows) September 27, 2011 at 11:36 am

Everything looks great! Thanks for the round-up. Totally craving dessert now!

dorrybird September 27, 2011 at 11:48 am

The pumpkin bars are so perfect for this time of year! I really need to get myself into the kitchen and actually make some of these. :)

dorrybird September 27, 2011 at 11:48 am

I appreciate the supportive 30 talk! I’m hoping to embrace the new decade with an open mind. :)

lindsay September 27, 2011 at 11:56 am

those are all soo good! I need to send you some chocolate wine to go along with it. hehe. I CAN’T WAIT to CELEBRATE with YOU!
lindsay recently posted..Weekends are for Memories

dorrybird September 27, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Exciting is a bold word choice. ;) I’m trying to embrace the new decade.

Lindsey Morningstar September 27, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Oh my goodness, my mouth is watering! I think I’d go for the peanut butter cookies AND cheesecake ice cream because I clearly can’t choose one…seriously who could with those options??

Happy almost birthday!!
Lindsey Morningstar recently posted..When I Grow Up….

Heather @ Dietitian on the Run September 27, 2011 at 9:01 pm

well of course I read this right as we’re getting ready to go to bed….ha, this list is getting starred! Great choices ;)
Heather @ Dietitian on the Run recently posted..Back on My Feet

Stephanie@MyThornsHaveRoses September 28, 2011 at 8:36 am

Yumcity. The krispie treats look the best to me!! I’m the opposite, however. I’m not sure if there’s a cake I would refuse. :)
Stephanie@MyThornsHaveRoses recently posted..My Current Favorite Flower

chocolate-covered katie September 28, 2011 at 9:04 am

So cool you’re in Dallas too! I am just realizing how many Dallas bloggers there are… we should have a Dallas blogger meet-up sometime! ;)
chocolate-covered katie recently posted..(No Sugar!) Cookie Dough Dip

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats September 28, 2011 at 10:23 pm

I would definitely want the blueberry pie pancakes for breakfast and the almond butter crisp treats for dessert! Yum! :)

My all time favorite birthday dessert is my grandma’s homemade chocolate cake with brown sugar sour cream icing. It is a secret family recipe that I still haven’t gotten yet! Hopefully some day soon! :)
Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..Four to Go

hillary October 2, 2011 at 7:13 pm

just found your blog through ms. lindsay c and love it already! i think i am going to have to go through and try each one of these recipes but you had me right up front with the blueberry pie pancakes! happy 3-0!