Ten on Tuesday

November 22, 2011

1. I run whenever I’m going up or down the stairs.

2. When cleaning and cutting strawberries to put in Tupperware, I eat every other one. This is why I buy double the amount of strawberries I typically would.

3. I rarely use the microwave – maybe once a month. Maybe.

4. I always set my alarms for times ending in 4’s.

photo

5. I have 2 sisters, 3 nieces, and 1 nephew on the way (!!!!).

6. I haven’t eaten anything involving pumpkin since last Thanksgiving. Just haven’t had the craving. I’m sure that will change come Thursday.

7. I keep my nuts in the freezer. Along with granola, chocolate & fruit for smoothies.

photo 1

8. I’m not a dog person. Or a cat person. I’m a Bee person.

DSC03518

9. We eat a lot of bananas.

photo 2

10. I am happy. Truly happy.

happy

What’s making you happy today?

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] November 22, 2011 at 12:33 pm

granola in the freezer – haven’t seen that before. just like the taste/texture better? :)

yay for being HAPPY!
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..RUN today.

Diana November 22, 2011 at 12:35 pm

I also run up stairs…and consider it cardio.

I love #10 – your posts never fail to bring a smile to my day!
Diana recently posted..Living together: romantic, or frugal?

tiff munster November 22, 2011 at 12:42 pm

U even run in heels!? :)
We eat a lot of bananas too. Lots of avocado too.

Btw- I have a first interview at Lululemon today to pick up some holiday shifts. It’s a group interview. I thought it would be fun to work there at least during my slow season! Made me think of u! Xo
tiff munster recently posted..Chicago Cultural Center Wedding

Kris November 22, 2011 at 1:43 pm

just got home for the day (early!) and it is POURING rain out there – so nice to be in the warm house with a warm pup. that is making me happy today!
Kris recently posted..frosty Portland

Christin@purplebirdblog November 22, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Today I am happy because not only am I going to go talk with a friend on Saturday who works at an upscale hotel in need of a new massage therapist, but another friend’s mom is going to sell me her old sewing machine for a can’t-be-beat price next month when she’s back in town. Life is GOOD! :)
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..I Made Pajama Pants!

Heather (Where's the Beach) November 22, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Oh great idea on keeping the Love Grown in the freezer. YUM. Spin class made me happy today as hubby showed up and rode next to me.
Heather (Where’s the Beach) recently posted..Just Another (Birth) Day

cathy@1970kikiproject November 22, 2011 at 2:04 pm

great title – alliteration is the very best.
i am not a dog or a cat person, either. i am a people person.
while i don’t set times for ending in a specific number, like 4, i never do :00 or :30 – has to be something original (do this always for setting my blog to publish).
i finished my christmas shopping this morning!! it was so fun to shop while NOT pressured or stressed and while the mall was quiet.
i am glad you are so happy. :)
cathy@1970kikiproject recently posted..simply TERR-ible!

jobo November 22, 2011 at 2:27 pm

I love these! And I do the same thing with fruit, every other one needs to be eaten. Duh ;-) I also don’t do my alarm clock exactly, I like random ones, but I like the 4s, that’s funny. I am glad that we have a few days off for the holiday!! (as for pumpkin…have you tried the pumpkin butter from trader joe’s? maybe you would crave it then hehe). :)
jobo recently posted..The 6-month running challenge: the details

Jess November 22, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Reading this post made me happy…and made me crave some granola. Can you believe I have STILL not tried Love Grown Granola?? For shame!!
Jess recently posted..Hello, body? I have one (ok, two) simple requests

Missy November 22, 2011 at 3:36 pm

I love this post.
Quirky birdy.

I am happy right now as I get off work in 10 minutes! What …T minus 10 is officially the OK time to stop working and goofing around on the internet right?

Can I be nosy?
Do you refridgerate your nut butters?
Missy recently posted..In Which I Curse Vicariously

Jessica November 22, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Frozen chocolate is the best! I also love freezing cookies and eating them straight out of the freezer…so yummy!

dorrybird November 22, 2011 at 10:12 pm

I just love that it keeps it extra crisp and fresh!

dorrybird November 22, 2011 at 10:13 pm

That makes me happy, Diana! Thank you. :)

dorrybird November 22, 2011 at 10:14 pm

I so rarely wear heels, but yes, I do run in them! Good exercise, right? SOOOOO EXCITING about your interview with lululemon! It is such a fun environment, and you would be a great addition to any lululemon team! Keep me posted. :) xoxoxoxo

dorrybird November 22, 2011 at 10:14 pm

I love nothing more than being snuggled up inside on a rainy day. <3

dorrybird November 22, 2011 at 10:16 pm

I love how you see the positive things in everyday life and celebrate them! Some people take things like that for granted, but you are grateful and that makes me so happy. Life IS good! Can’t wait to see what else you sew, and good luck with the hotel connection!

dorrybird November 22, 2011 at 10:16 pm

That is too cute! I would love Billy to take a Spin class next to me. :)

dorrybird November 22, 2011 at 10:17 pm

I’m a people person, too! I love that you set original alarms – keeps things interesting from day to day. Truthfully, I usually wake up before the alarm anyway. :) Amazing that you’ve finished your Christmas shopping. I haven’t started. :)

dorrybird November 22, 2011 at 10:18 pm

We don’t have a Trader Joe’s here! Crazy, huh? I think they are planning to open one. I’m happy you have some time off this week. Rest, play, run, recharge. :)

dorrybird November 22, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Granola is the best! I have to keep it moderation though or I’ll eat the whole bag. :)

dorrybird November 22, 2011 at 10:19 pm

I do refrigerate my nut butters! It’s a relatively new thing for me, and I’m loving it. :)

tiff munster November 22, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Yay! I got the position! I am a part time holiday educator! Looking forward to meeting new people and a new and fun environment a few times a week!

I’m looking fwd to it!

Xo!
tiff munster recently posted..Brooklyn themed Cincy wedding

dorrybird November 22, 2011 at 10:33 pm

YAY! So exciting! It is the best place to meet new people. I love my co-workers so much! Yippppeeeee! Enjoy, and let’s have a phone date soon. xo

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats November 23, 2011 at 3:51 am

Your posts always make me smile! :) Your energy for life is contagious and I just love it! Something that makes me happy is that I am heading home today to spend the holidays with my family!
Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..wiaw #14

Nichole November 23, 2011 at 6:01 am

Yes, this is awesome. I love learning more about ya. that ending in 4 thing is hysterical. Your freezer looks oddly like mine:)

I’m happy today because I am married to the most amazing man. Lots to be thankful for.
Nichole recently posted..This Thanksgiving, Don’t Be A Turkey

Heather @ Dietitian on the Run November 26, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Ha, I’ve never seen granola in the freezer before – interesting! :) I’m with Nichole – its always fun to read random things about bloggers that we think we already know pretty well!

I’m happy today because we had an amaaazing time in Hawaii. It was so hard to come back, but it’s always worth the journey and adventure.
Heather @ Dietitian on the Run recently posted..Ricotta & Asparagus Quinoa