reading, writing, and a race!

January 5, 2012

Thanks so much for your enthusiastic words of support about our upcoming move.

I’m anticipating the day when we actually know where we’re moving, but as of now, both options are quite appealing. Since we’ve spent so much time in NYC, and fell in love there 3 years ago, we have clear visions about what our life will be like in Manhattan, whereas Vancouver is much more of a mystery. We’re up for either!

green

reading:

Since I spend many hours offline during the workday, Billy keeps me in the know and up-to-date by emailing me Bird-like articles. Some I’ve enjoyed recently:

The Joy of Quiet as someone who loves being connected online through social media and blogging, this article sparked so many thoughts for me. I will write more about my personal experience in a post next week.

When Eating Healthy Turns Obsessive – I will also write a full post on this asap.

And I’m reading:

happinessproject

Loving it thus far…

green

writing: I wrote a post for the lululemon blog that was published today! Some simple guidelines and suggestions for pre & post workout fueling and hydration.

breakfast of champions

Untitled picture

green

and a race: lululemon is having its inaugural half marathon next August 11th in Vancouver! No matter where we are living, you better believe I’ll be there running.

Untitled picture

(click through above image for more details.)

green

I’m off the grid this weekend, but I’ll be back on Monday. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Any race plans for 2012?

What are you currently reading?

Heather (Where's the Beach) January 6, 2012 at 8:15 am

Hope you have a fantastic weekend. What a fun race to look forward to. Congrats on the post being published. Heading over to check it out!

jobo January 6, 2012 at 8:22 am

I loved the Happiness Project!!! I just read that too, right up our alley, I do believe ;-) As for the lululemon half marathon, that is awesome!! I hope they do them all over the country! I want to run it!! And I can’t wait to read your lulu blog, congrats!!
jobo recently posted..On 2012 fun date bucket lists.

Felicia January 6, 2012 at 9:09 am

i vote nyc! (are we allowed to vote?!) then i’d come visit you when your working at lulu :)
Felicia recently posted..New Toys + A Trader Joe’s Run

cathy January 6, 2012 at 9:09 am

Happy weekend, dorry! Enjoy the technology-free time!
Congrats on the blog article! That is so cool. I love how you can use your writing skills in the world of retail!
I just started the novel “irma voth” by miriam toews last eve. After a danielle steel, I am ready for quality fiction!
I would love to read the happiness project – I think it would be very affirming!
so cool about the lululemon half in vancouver!!!

allison January 6, 2012 at 9:12 am

dorry-
i’m so excited for your big move- can’t wait to hear where you will be. what an adventure for you and billy!!! i’m in the middle of happiness project and i am loving it.

hope i get to re-connect with you or bump into you at wf before you leave in april.

have a lovely weekend!
xo!av

Nichole January 6, 2012 at 9:44 am

The Sea Wheeze?! I want to come with you:( Ahh, looks like a blast. You are up to some good stuff. Cannot, cannot wait to hear more!
Nichole recently posted..Friday Five

Jess January 6, 2012 at 9:58 am

Ohhh that race sounds PERFECT!! I’d love to run it!
Jess recently posted..Friday random’s

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] January 6, 2012 at 10:31 am

Ummm, OMG! Thanks for sharing the info about the Lulu half. I SO want to do it!

& congrats on the Lulu blog article — nice job :)
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..{hazel}nuts over chocolate.

janae@hungryrunnergirl.com January 6, 2012 at 12:17 pm

I want to come run that one with you! AHHHH I am off to read your blog post for lulu, that is truly awesome!
janae@hungryrunnergirl.com recently posted..How I Cope with Stress:

Yolie @ Practising Wellness January 6, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Have an absolutely wonderful weekend! :-D Congratulations on your lululemon blog post, that’s absolutely awesome! <3 I'm heading over there now to read it :-) So so thrilled for you. And that book looks like a lovely uplifting read <3 Take care and be well, love! xyx
Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..Motivation to Move!

Missy January 6, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Those books look great and I can’t wait for the review.
I am gonna try and look for the Happiness Project on my library.

Off to read your lulu-riffic blog post!
Missy recently posted..WTF Wednesday – Cold Rock Lobster

Christin@purplebirdblog January 6, 2012 at 4:54 pm

I’ve totally had my eye on that book for a while now… I’ll be happy to hear a review when you’re done (assuming you’ll review it!) Happy weekend, sweet friend! xo
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Madécasse Chocolate Review and Giveaway

Heather @ Dietitian on the Run January 8, 2012 at 10:41 am

We’re living a very similar life here, miss D….

I just read the Joy of Quiet last week (which changed a lot about how I looked forward to this year…), and read the Happiness Project last year (on a plane, totally enthralled by the idea of the ‘project’ and what she learned)!

And, then, I saw the lululemon race ad in my RW on Friday and immediately tore out the Ad for prominent fridge placement. It’s on the I-hope-this-can-happen (i.e. expensive adventure…) list for the year!
Heather @ Dietitian on the Run recently posted..Fennel: the Licorice Onion

Heather @ Dietitian on the Run January 8, 2012 at 10:42 am

Wow. Also! Congrats on the featured blog post!! I saw you on there today and got so excited for you! :)
Heather @ Dietitian on the Run recently posted..Fennel: the Licorice Onion

Emily January 8, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Your move sounds exciting! Congratulations! Can’t wait to hear more. 2012 will be exciting . . .
Emily recently posted..Met for the first time

em @ simplypresent January 9, 2012 at 8:41 am

I’ve been wanting to read The Happiness Project, I bet it’s good! I JUST started reading Issac’s Storm by Erik Larson. So far so good! Good luck with the move. I am sure you’ll keep us posted.
em @ simplypresent recently posted..Weekend Wrap

Sophie @ LoveLiveAndLearn January 10, 2012 at 4:35 am

I just recently started reading The Happiness Project and I adore it!
There is so much that I can really relate to and I plan on applying some of her ideas to my own goals and life :-)
Your move sounds exciting – I hope everything goes really well for you!
Sophie @ LoveLiveAndLearn recently posted..A Series of Letters