frinks & a bucket list

February 17, 2012

the other day, one of my friends from work asked me if I’ve made a Dallas bucket list. what a great idea! another list to add to my current lists. speaking of lists, I’ve noticed lately, more than ever before, the extent to which my lists serve as a much-needed reminder. grocery lists, follow-ups, emails & tasks for work, blog, etc.

I used to really like lists because they made me “feel” productive, and perhaps I’m getting old and losing my memory, but lists have become an absolute necessity. I use my iPhone for the lists, reminders & calendar features more than any of the others.

anyway…

I mentioned the Dallas bucket list to Billy, and we started to think about what it is that we would like to do before we leave in 6.5 weeks. all of our ideas come down to friends, family, and food. (and guns and golf for Billy. he goes to the shooting range with my dad. Dad, are you reading? email Billy about the gun range.)

the thing is, our families are primarily in Dallas.

we both grew up here.

we’ll be back to visit.

but in the meantime, we’re excited to eat our favorite foods with family and friends.

one of several restaurants on our list? Tillman’s Roadhouse where I ate one of my favorite salmon dishes and Billy fell in love with the ribs:

DSC06075 DSC06073

and s’mores with homemade graham crackers, marshmallows and artisan chocolates…

iPhone 12-5-11 107

reads from the week – Friday links = frinks:

Yoga-Poses-Look-Good-Naked

favorite meal of the week (and the only one I took a picture of):

photo 3

kale, spinach, mushrooms, avocado, baked salmon. so satisfying.

I know someone who would approve.

silver

if you were moving from your current city, what’s one thing that would be on your bucket list?

jobo February 17, 2012 at 11:05 am

mmm that salmon looks SO GOOD! Let’s see…if I were leaving Boston, I would definitely want to go ice skating on Frog Pond, or somewhere in the city. (planning on it in coming weeks luckily!) and go to as many fabulous restaurants that I’ve never been to. And go to Top of the Hub ;)
jobo recently posted..Things I’m loving…Friday edition

Clare February 17, 2012 at 11:24 am

I’ve actually been to Tillman’s!
LOVE their smores. Keep up the Dallas bucket list so I can get ideas! <3

lindsay February 17, 2012 at 11:25 am

hehe, i totally thought of Yollie too with the salmon. I think you need to add RUN with me at White Rock on that list.
;)
lindsay recently posted..Finding Time for Time

Jess February 17, 2012 at 11:41 am

OMG those smores (and that salmon dish) look TO DIE FOR.

I love the idea of a Dallas bucket list! I guess if I were doing a Boston bucket list, I’d go with a night in the city at our favorite hotel (Back Bay Hotel) complete with a delicious meal at our favorite steakhouse followed by a glass of champagne back at the hotel bar. :)
Jess recently posted..Foodie Friday – interrupted!

marci February 17, 2012 at 12:12 pm

I liked the article about the apps–I don’t think Pinterest makes you smarter though! I use Dropbox some, my sister really likes sharing photos and music through it. It’s helpful for documents between home and work too.
marci recently posted..Comment on How To by Back to Basics: Overnight Oats

Missy February 17, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Go to the beach every evening.
And make sure to catch at least three sunrises at the beach.

Good thing I’m not moving.

I should probably get my butt to the beach this weekend!
Missy recently posted..My Funny Valentine

janae@hungryrunnergirl.com February 17, 2012 at 12:41 pm

What a great idea to get in everything you can before you move. YUM…I need those smores in my life, like now. Hope you have a great weekend with Billy!

Heather (Where's the Beach) February 17, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Love the idea – we actually did that when we left Auburn, AL. Mostly it was just hitting the restaurants we loved. If I was moving from my current home, wow. I’d want to run the river trails, eat at some favorite spots. Maybe climb Pinnacle Mountain again. I’m sure there are lots of things I could do though that I’ve yet to do….

cathy@1970kikiproject February 18, 2012 at 6:22 am

oh, i hear you on lists!! i make them every day! rather than apps, i am still old school and like paper or sticky notes so that i can check stuff off. and i never hit the grocery store without my list!
do you know where you’re going in 6.5 weeks, dorry?!!
i would make sure to walk through waterloo park as much as possible, if i knew i was moving away.
it will be fun to read what else you do in dallas from your list, over the next few weeks!
cathy@1970kikiproject recently posted..i love it when a plan comes together

Heather @ Dietitian on the Run February 18, 2012 at 9:10 am

I would love the feeling of knowing that a “bucket list” isn’t really necessary – because that home city won’t ever be too far away. When we left DC I wanted to do SO MUCH before the big day, and felt so sad when we finally drove north on Connecticut, out of the District. That was quickly replaced with excitement to head West…and when we came Back, we drove right down the same route. :)

On another note – 6.5 weeks….and you’re going to _____?!!!
Heather @ Dietitian on the Run recently posted..Flashback: Tutus & Tip-toes