cheer, wine, eat, read.

March 9, 2012

one of the countless reasons I love working for lululemon: support! we cheered for one of our friends yesterday while she did her workout 12.3 for the CrossFit Opens.

IMG_0812 IMG_0808IMG_0806 IMG_0804

signs, lemon costumes, videos…we don’t mess around.

IMG_0794 IMG_0799

she is the sh*t. go, Caitlin!

IMG_0814 IMG_0815

I was planning to go to yoga after cheering, but things ran late, so I took advantage of the free hour, called Billy, and told him I was coming to pick him up. we went on an impromptu rainy afternoon outing to Jimmy’s Food Store ~ fine Italian food & wine.

IMG_0822 IMG_0823

my beloved kale for $1.00/bunch.

IMG_0830

at $4/glass for a red blend, we sipped & searched for some dinner inspiration.

IMG_0826 IMG_0827

I perused the aisles & channeled our last trip to Italy. while I didn’t make it to yoga, I did find a yoga beverage at Jimmy’s. I also found a $69.99 container of nutella.

IMG_0831 IMG_0829

dinner:

kale pizza

favorite fruits from the week: plums & mini watermelon (thanks, Josh!)

IMG_0786 IMG_0787

favorite reads from the week:

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.”
- Leonardo Da Vinci

green

what did you have for dinner last night?

when was your last impromptu outing?

we’re on a roll with these, and I love what it does for our relationship. busting out of the routine, not fretting about a plan gone awry, and just enjoying life.

Jess March 9, 2012 at 9:54 am

Such a fun impromptu “date” with Bily, I love it! And that picture of the watermelon? Drooling. I am OBSESSED with it, I can’t wait for it to come back into season here! Also – how very cool of you all to support your friend in the CrossFit Opens, holy badass she is huh??
Jess recently posted..Foodie Friday – some simple faves

dorrybird March 9, 2012 at 10:28 am

this baby watermelon was PERFECT! I ate it all in 1 day. :) I work with complete CrossFit badasses! it amazes me.

jobo March 9, 2012 at 9:58 am

Yum, nice dinner pics!!! 69.99 for nutella? how big was it? haha. Yummy. Let’s see, last night, we made roasted garlic and fontina chicken sausages on our George Foreman (to have a little taste of summer given it was 65 yesterday here!!) with some sauteed veggies over whole wheat pasta. Yummy ;-)
jobo recently posted..Things I’m thankful for Friday!

Clare March 9, 2012 at 11:39 am

Two *birds* with one stone: an impromptu outing with my boy to eatzi’s last night!

cathy@1970kikiproject March 9, 2012 at 12:11 pm

That store, jimmy’s, looks so neat! I’d love to meander through it! I bet it is similar to the specialty/italian store “vincenzo’s,” in my hood!
Oh. I would so be into cheering! Esp if I could wear a costume! Love your team spirit!
Have a great weekend, dorry!

Heather (Where's the Beach) March 9, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Um, I think I need that store in my city! Very cool. And you reminded me I need kale ;-)

lindsay March 9, 2012 at 1:27 pm

i love those impromptu dates. So cute. Billy looks right at home. hehe.
And of course you went to cheer on the crossfit, you are the world’s best cheerleader.
xoxo