an empty list

March 30, 2012

food for thought:

food for nourishment (dinner from Taverna mentioned in Wednesday night’s post):

19 20 21

1. prosciutto, mozzarella, truffled mushrooms, arugula
  2. fettucine with shrimp, mussels, clams & scallops, tossed in a brandy crustacean cream sauce
  3. pan roasted Scottish salmon with mixed vegetables <—a favorite mix: leeks, broccolini, cabbage, zucchini, and carrots.

red

6 weeks ago, I posted about a Dallas bucket list – things to do, places to go, food to eat, and people to see before our move to NYC. well, that list now looks like this:

photo

we did it all! and with a handful of days to spare.

our weekend looks like this: working, moving (out of our condo – we’ll stay with family for several nights), sleeping, running, brunching, napping, and grilling.

what does your weekend look like?

Heather (Where's the Beach) March 30, 2012 at 11:21 am

Oh wow – kuddos to you for knocking that list clean! I’m very impressed.

dorrybird March 30, 2012 at 8:55 pm

it took some planning, but totally worth it! and lots of great memories.

Jess March 30, 2012 at 11:27 am

You got your entire Dallas bucket list done?? You two are awesome! I love that!

I’m also drooling over those dinner pics – particularly the app, it looks amazing!!

Enjoy your last weekend in Dallas!!!
Jess recently posted..Uber-connectivity.

dorrybird March 30, 2012 at 8:56 pm

it was a lot of fun! great food, awesome people…so many memories. we still have some action-packed days ahead before we hit the road. :)

Kris March 30, 2012 at 12:02 pm

I seriously just simultaneously got the chills and a stomach flip over excitement for you guys! Chills again just typing that! :D

I can’t believe it is here – glad you got everything done you wanted to, and had what looks like an amazing dinner as well.

we have kindof an exciting weekend… we are going to be in the audience for a Wheel of Fortune taping this afternoon (SQUEE!), and I’m shopping for new cooktops for… our new house! :D I will be sharing details soon…

oh and the Health Benefits of Drinking Red Wine!? I love you.
Kris recently posted..(faux) huevos a la Mexicana enchilada

dorrybird March 30, 2012 at 8:59 pm

awww, Kris. thank you, my dear, for your enthusiasm! I remember when I wrote a post 1 month out from the move and you said it would fly by…and of course it has!

seriously so so so so amazing about being in the audience for Wheel of Fortune – I know how much you love that show!!!!!!!! I hope it was a blast. I want to know about Pat & Vanna! and a new house?? seriously so many exciting things in this one little comment. cannot wait to read more about your new house. in the meantime, CONGRATS! I’ll drink a glass of red wine to that. :)

jobo March 30, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Wow you did your whole list!! That is so awesome!! I am excited for the weekend, ‘us’ night tomorrow with M, starting with a long-awaited massage!
jobo recently posted..Some Friday musings.

dorrybird March 30, 2012 at 9:00 pm

sounds perfect. every weekend should automatically come with a massage, right??

cathy@1970kikiproject March 31, 2012 at 5:44 am

way to go on that bucket list, dorry! you guys rocked it!
best wishes this weekend as you pack up and get organized…it will be bittersweet, i bet.
i will need to check out the reasons to start running! i should write a list and then compare to your link!
again, all the best to you and billy this weekend, and i will be thinking of you.
cathy@1970kikiproject recently posted..the fun factor

Heather @ Dietitian on the Run March 31, 2012 at 9:09 am

It’s almost departure-day! So exciting! :)

Add to the manifesto list – Holstee Manifesto! I think you’d love that one, too.
Heather @ Dietitian on the Run recently posted..3.25 Miles

dorrybird April 2, 2012 at 10:03 am

I’m going to google it right now! :)

Caroline March 31, 2012 at 10:56 am

Hey Dorry! Love your blog & inspirational photos, and congrats on the move to NYC! I wish my comment were more relevant to this awesome post (now I’m seriously considering a treadmill desk), but I’m dying to know – how did you get into travel writing?

XO,
Caroline

dorrybird April 2, 2012 at 10:06 am

thank you so much for your sweet comment! my husband worked for a luxury travel company when he lived in London several years ago, and in addition to being the Sales & Marketing Director, he also got into some travel writing for them. we both started travel writing for the company in 2009-2010 as we traveled around the U.S. and throughout Europe on our honeymoon. he still has connections with the company and we get to visit some amazing hotels!

Nichole April 2, 2012 at 3:55 am

Moving can be a pain, but I trust you are highly organised and used to doing this:) I cannot wait to hear about your upcoming adventures.

Big hugs!

petra April 2, 2012 at 4:09 am

Just found your blog through Lindsey Cotter’s – and I’ve been here for over an hour now reading up on your posts! Wow – it’s inspiring and interesting and wonderful and how exciting that you’re moving – I LOVE moving (I know I know, that’s not what most people say). But change is SO exciting. Will be following how it goes.

dorrybird April 2, 2012 at 10:09 am

thank you so much, Petra! I love moving, too. for me & my husband, it’s an important part of life to take on challenges, see new places, and have new experiences. moving itself can be stressful at times, but I simply LOVE getting rid of all the belongings I don’t actually use or need anymore. :)