- Bird’s brain, take 1
- Bird’s brain, take 2
- Bird’s brain, take 3
- Bird’s brain, take 4
- Bird’s brain, take 4.5
- Bird’s brain, take 5
- Bird’s brain, take 6
- Bird’s brain, take 7
didn’t I just write one of these? <—what if I said, “did not I just write one of these?”
*contractions are silly, but useful.
yes, yes I did. on Tuesday of last week. but here I am again with a collection of thoughts, some random, others semi-categorized. we’ll start with the latter:
- NYC is a fun place to live because it’s a destination. people come here for work and for play. this is a city that people visit, and I am so excited to welcome some visitors this week/weekend.
- I finally get to meet the infamous Janae aka, The Hungry Runner Girl, TOMORROW! we are long lost friends who bonded over our love for Billy. her husband is Billy, too. I cannot wait to give her a hug and rub her precious baby (girl) bump.
- I also get to see my dear friend Maddy this weekend! she is the founder of Love Grown Foods, and I might try to steal a case of Cocoa Goodness from her.
- I could really use a personal shopper/stylist because unfortunately I am terrible at both shopping and dressing myself. I spent over a year wearing lululemon just about every single day, and now I wear “real” clothes.
- thankfully, I work in a casual office environment and I can incorporate my wunder unders into the wardrobe.
- related: I ride my bike to work everyday so that is another factor in the wardrobe issues. I need to experiment with riding in dresses. is that possible? it must be.
- also, I ride my bike so often that helmet hair is unavoidable. #safetyfirst
- remember the date night with a twist from last Thursday? well, we are moving it up to Wednesday this week to accommodate some other plans tomorrow night. Billy will send me 2 restaurants today by noon, and I get to choose this week!
- the most exciting news of the day is that my mom booked her flight to come visit me this September! Billy will be out of town for a golf weekend so she is going to stay with me and we will celebrate my birthday (a few days early)! and also have a complete NYC experience with dining, wining, shopping, picnicking in the park, a Broadway show, long walks, bike rides, and much more. she loves NYC like I do.
- or perhaps I love NYC like she does? hi, Mom!
*as I typed this post, I was sure to avoid using any contractions.
you didn’t did not think I could write a blog post without a photo, did you?
tell me something on your mind!