The field of dentistry is continuously developing and changing to best suit the requirements of patients. The tendency in dentistry is using technology to create dentistry more relaxed, long-lasting, effective and natural-looking for the patient. Patients and their dentists profit from innovative techniques as they are less invasive and more trustworthy than before. Now days the procedures that can be implemented in the comfort of office by one qualified provider in the previous times would require multiple trips to the dentist or necessitate many health care providers.
Dr. Peter Spennato, a leading dentist from San Pedro, California said that there are innovative advancements in dentistry that the dentist may select to recommend for an improved state of wellbeing and enhanced oral health. These dental advances play an imperative role in the well-being of the patients as well as the dentists, hygienists, office managers and dental specialists at the practice, letting them to offer the highest standard of dental care possible.
Listed below are some of the modern techniques that are used in dentistry:
- Dental Implants: Implants are used to reinstate the smiles for patients with teeth loss. Implants are ideal as they can substitute missing teeth, even though still giving the patient the impression and appearance of a natural tooth.
- Air-abrasion: This is a dental advancement over the dental drill as it permits accurate elimination of decayed teeth devoid of the use of a local anesthetic. The air-abrasion system produces explosions of pellets of air and aluminum oxide to cure tooth problems.
- Oral Sedation: This technique is perfect for those who fear to visit the dentist. Unlike the traditional IV sedation, this is a much safer and effective option as it does not include needles and the patient can have a constant state of mind during the procedure.
- Laser Dentistry: In dentistry, laser technology is used to fix a range of periodontal (gum) diseases and other dental problems in a notable way. All dental lasers, work by delivering energy in the form of light. Often used in combination with other dental tools, dental lasers are considered to be extremely safe and effective. Compared to the traditional dental drill, laser technique is considered as a more precise and efficient way to perform many dental procedures.
- Diagnodent: This small laser instrument can scan teeth to find out the hidden decay which regular x-rays cannot find. It makes sure that the mouth has been checked thoroughly for early signs of cavities.
Dr. Peter Spennato states all these new technologies cannot be carried out on all patients as they need to first assess the patient in order to determine which technique will best suit the client. There are certain processes that cannot be performed in patients who are in the older age group or those who are suffering from weak immune system or even those who are undergoing treatments like chemotherapy.
Thus, to get better solutions for traditional oral health problems, one should first contact with the dentist such as Dr. Peter Spennato.